Saline removal is an effective and safe method for anyone who wants to lighten and fade away permanent makeup. This method involves injecting an all-natural saline solution under the skin, where it can begin to disperse pigments. The solution we use is made from the world’s finest sea salt and is free of carcinogens. It consists of lemon seed and orange seed extract, which aids in fading pigment and exfoliation. It also contains aloe vera which is aids in skin conditioning and helps the healing process.
Here’s how it works:
1. Saline removal is a similar process as doing an Ombre Powder procedure.
2. First, we clean the area with an alcohol wipe and numb the skin for 20 minutes. Then we make tiny injections on the skin to implement the saline solution using the machine and shading techniques.
3. Implanting the solution into the skin breaks up the healed pigment. This process lifts the pigment out of the skin via osmosis. As pigment rises to the surface, a scab will form, and will fall off as the removal area heals, thus revealing a lighter tattoo.
4. The whole procedure takes about an hour.
5. I will then tell you how to care for the area so it can heal properly
6. Full lightening can require 4 to 6 sessions, possibly more. Lightening pulls out pigment layer by layer, so the more times pigment has been placed in the area, more sessions will be required to pull it all out. A full month must pass before the next session to allow the skin to heal completely.
7. Sometimes if partial lightening is all that is required, two or three sessions may be all it takes.